Dupes of Non-Physical

The only rule: There are no rules.
It is currently May 27th, 2024, 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2012, 9:16 am
Posts: 12
Location: Earth0001
nid wrote:
...as in formulate

and BD... bats CAN see
just that they don't complete their thinking on it
hence... that's when their sonar/echo location kicks in and completes the job



This is brill.......tx nid


And am getting a grip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 5:52 am 
BigDaddy wrote:
nid wrote:
...as in formulate

and BD... bats CAN see
just that they don't complete their thinking on it
hence... that's when their sonar/echo location kicks in and completes the job



This is brill.......tx nid


And am getting a grip



LOOK Bob... LOOOOK
I'm impressing a newbie!!!
LOOK LOOK LOOK


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 6:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: April 21st, 2010, 1:33 pm
Posts: 1018
nid wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:
nid wrote:
...as in formulate

and BD... bats CAN see
just that they don't complete their thinking on it
hence... that's when their sonar/echo location kicks in and completes the job



This is brill.......tx nid


And am getting a grip



LOOK Bob... LOOOOK
I'm impressing a newbie!!!
LOOK LOOK LOOK


BOB: How would you know?

You're a freakin' newbie yourself!!

Jeesh...


Bob Neveritt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 18th, 2011, 8:22 pm
Posts: 467
Location: non-local
rhyee wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:

The See (sea) with glass fire?

Bats cannot see.

BigDaddy cannot think!

All is well

bliss


BOB: C'mon, BD, get a grip!

What you really mean is you're attempting not to COMPLETE your thinking. Until then you ARE thinking AND listening to it in order to come to a conclusion (a state of not thinking?).


Bob Neveritt


I can appreciate this comment (rife with abstract circularity and all that, as it may be).

I gather you're suggesting that there may be an effort on the thinker's part, in this
example, to reach, or obtain "the last thought, ever". A thought that offers a conclusion,
or end to the process of thought itself.

To think the thought to stop all thoughts, when the notion that this is possible is the trap
one gets into when considering the notion of the cessation of thought.

Am I "reading" this correctly?

This refers back to your post on thought being autonomic.

To me, thought arises, spontaneously on its own, and disappears in a similar manner,
endlessly.

The point is, sort of, the zen approach, which is to let the process be without attaching
oneself to any one thought. The zen folks call it "sticky mind". We tend to want to stick
to a thought, or thoughts (like iON's "A belief is just a thought you've held for a long time").

This is different than playing with thought, which could, instead, be thought of as picking
up a toy, playing with it, and setting it back down to play with other toys.

One can observe the process as one would observe one's breathing, but get too involved
and you're bound to get tangled up...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 11:54 am 
jeeesh Bart, did you have to write a goddam epistle... is easy
there is stuff in our heads ok... but just don't deliberate, negotiate, reason-ate or formulate
just KNOW and DO - DONE!


Last edited by nid on January 21st, 2012, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 12:24 pm 
...and as for Bob
hasn't he got anything better to do than reply to pathetic newbie posts
i swear he wakes up in the morning... has a good stretch... and THINKS to himself.... mmmm
"what's for breakfast?" then has his fill on replying to all the newbie posts... yum yum
there's a word for creatures like this...
OGRE

"daddy daddy look i caught a fish"
"that's not a fish, you stupid child, it's a dead leaf...
it's not even a live leaf... it's bloody dead dead dead
and sotp trying to fish.. your'e too small
only big men like ME can fish...(dumb ass kid)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grjph8pQmPg


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 12:36 pm 
look what THOUGHT did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4aUgnGA ... re=related


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 5:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: April 21st, 2010, 1:33 pm
Posts: 1018
Bart wrote:
rhyee wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:

The See (sea) with glass fire?

Bats cannot see.

BigDaddy cannot think!

All is well

bliss


BOB: C'mon, BD, get a grip!

What you really mean is you're attempting not to COMPLETE your thinking. Until then you ARE thinking AND listening to it in order to come to a conclusion (a state of not thinking?).


Bob Neveritt


I can appreciate this comment (rife with abstract circularity and all that, as it may be).

I gather you're suggesting that there may be an effort on the thinker's part, in this
example, to reach, or obtain "the last thought, ever". A thought that offers a conclusion,
or end to the process of thought itself.

To think the thought to stop all thoughts, when the notion that this is possible is the trap
one gets into when considering the notion of the cessation of thought.

Am I "reading" this correctly?

This refers back to your post on thought being autonomic.

To me, thought arises, spontaneously on its own, and disappears in a similar manner,
endlessly.

The point is, sort of, the zen approach, which is to let the process be without attaching
oneself to any one thought. The zen folks call it "sticky mind". We tend to want to stick
to a thought, or thoughts (like iON's "A belief is just a thought you've held for a long time").

This is different than playing with thought, which could, instead, be thought of as picking
up a toy, playing with it, and setting it back down to play with other toys.

One can observe the process as one would observe one's breathing, but get too involved
and you're bound to get tangled up...



BOB: No, that's not what I meant at all.


Bob Neveritt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 5:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: April 21st, 2010, 1:33 pm
Posts: 1018
nid wrote:
jeeesh Bart, did you have to write a goddam epistle... is easy
there is stuff in our heads ok... but just don't deliberate, negotiate, reason-ate or formulate
just KNOW and DO - DONE!


BOB: I don't agree with this suggestion.


Bob Neveritt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: YAAAAAY! BIG DADDY'S HERE
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 5:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: April 21st, 2010, 1:33 pm
Posts: 1018
nid wrote:
...and as for Bob
hasn't he got anything better to do than reply to pathetic newbie posts
i swear he wakes up in the morning... has a good stretch... and THINKS to himself.... mmmm
"what's for breakfast?" then has his fill on replying to all the newbie posts... yum yum
there's a word for creatures like this...
OGRE

"daddy daddy look i caught a fish"
"that's not a fish, you stupid child, it's a dead leaf...
it's not even a live leaf... it's bloody dead dead dead
and sotp trying to fish.. your'e too small
only big men like ME can fish...(dumb ass kid)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grjph8pQmPg


BOB: Yeah, that's about it.


Bob Neveritt


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group