Dupes of Non-Physical

The only rule: There are no rules.
It is currently September 19th, 2024, 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bodies
PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 7:21 am 

Legend wrote:
and this logic > :
If it weren't for the Joyces, McLuhans, Lewises and Bobs of the world creating new "Hand Signals for the Blind", humans would have phatic-waved themselves into a silent, babbling, machine-driven, synchronistic oblivion way back in the TV Age.

is exactly what creates religions, wars, cults, not to mention CIA, NSA, FBI > we really need a few good peoples to SHOW us how to create new "Hand Signals for the Blind" -ok - and we really needed Bobby D to cover up the assasination of Kennedy (418 group)- and you really need to get those taxes filed every year - and, and, and don't forget to enlist your kids to fight that darn war on Terror !

I was not implying 'need', Legend. Only expressing 'appreciation'.

Your present hot-headed delivery reminds me a bit of that 'kook', Larouche.

Legend wrote:
He's doing such a good thing to expose the falsehoods we all have to wake up to in the morning- but just when he gets to the good stuff it starts to fizzle - has anyone thats had a session with iON been able to become anymore "Ascended" - embracing their power ? - bi-located - parallel world travel and been able to remember

Why does anyone need to ascend, anyway? Look beyond the layers of double irony and "phatic menippean satire" in iON's message and you may discover new things about your perception that no whistleblowing exposé or ocular proof could ever deliver.

Legend wrote:
- its all so fragmented and delicious in little morsels

If you read some Wyndham Lewis, you might realize where your 'continuity' went. Take it or leave it, I don't care. I am merely sharing kewl lures from my tackle box.

Chad

PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 6:23 pm 

rhyee wrote:
11:11 wrote:
Quote:
BOB: Yes, "space" (timing, or the Horizontal Symbolist School) is gone, too.

illuminating! THX

But is iON going to back-peddle out of the timing thing?

BOB: No, iON doesn't have to.

I'm pointing out the depth of iON's meaning and use of "timing" - how it relates to "tactility" which is not referring to a particular sense but the interplay of the senses, and how it relates to a non-visual meaning of "duality".

Wyndham Lewis is a very good guide on these excavations.

Bob Neveritt

On the surface, iON's message regarding time could be construed as the "time-denying mind" from the Lewis quotes above. But a deeper look reveals that while there is no time in the sense of a unity of duration followed collectively there is "timing" in the sense of "meter". It could then be (mis)interpreted that this "meter" is private to the individual's Inner Kingdom (back to the solipsistic "time-denying mind" position).

So, how does one have their own timing without falling into the trap of denying the unified force of collective experience (formerly know as Time)? Is it via a unified force of shared TIMING amongst Outer Kingdoms rubbing together?

Chad

PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

chad wrote:
On the surface, iON's message regarding time could be construed as the "time-denying mind" from the Lewis quotes above. But a deeper look reveals that while there is no time in the sense of a unity of duration followed collectively there is "timing" in the sense of "meter". It could then be (mis)interpreted that this "meter" is private to the individual's Inner Kingdom (back to the solipsistic "time-denying mind" position).

So, how does one have their own timing without falling into the trap of denying the unified force of collective experience (formerly know as Time)? Is it via a unified force of shared TIMING amongst Outer Kingdoms rubbing together?

Chad

BOB: From http://www.riprense.com/zappa_drinks.htm :

[Matt "The Simpsons" Groening was a favorite attendee of the salons. One evening's arcane chat strayed from favorite bad horror films ("From Hell It Came," featuring the walking tree monster, The Tobanga, was the composer's preference) to a discussion of Zappa's Dada-esque philosophy of creating art: "Anything Anytime Anyplace For No Reason At All," or AAAFNRAA. This led, not illogically, to an exchange about the nature of time. In part, it went like this:

"I think of time as a spherical constant," said Frank, "which means that everything is happening all the time. It provides an easy explanation for premonitions, ghosts, flashbacks, because the whole concept of time that human beings have had is taking something they can't really comprehend and settling for a mediocre explanation of how it works. They take a linear approach to it, slice it in segments, and then hop from segment to segment to segment until they die, and to me that is a pretty inefficient way of preparing a mechanical ground base for physics. That's one of the reasons why I think physics doesn't work. When you have contradictory things in physics, one of the reasons they became contradictory is because the formulas are tied to a concept of time that isn't the proper model. So in my model, time is a spherical constant and everything is happening all the time. And we just don't have access to those segments of the sphere that we might want to access. Except on rare occasions where something goes wrong with the human condition, or some wiring is changed. In some people the wiring may be genetically altered, and you may be able to look not into the future, but just look 'sideways,' and come up with a glimpse of the way things 'will be' down the road in normal person time ---except that you've just seen it now, because it's happening now as well as later." Responded Groening: "That's like reruns!" "Exactly!" said Zappa.]

Bob Neveritt

PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 12:50 am 

Chad wrote,

"Why does anyone need to ascend, anyway? Look beyond the layers of double irony and "phatic menippean satire" in iON's message and you may discover new things about your perception that no whistleblowing exposé or ocular proof could ever deliver."
Ascension would be nice (as in entertaining) however, a shared discourse of this "Mystery Landscape" lable Bobby N loves so much would be good for starters - and I have discovered new things about my perceptions which was piqued by the 5 sessions I paid for with iON, thats the crux of the issue - he baits then hooks one with a little insightful intrigue then leaves you hungry with a "relax and allow" quote, or a chuckle and giggle then some insignificant fact no one could know -

you dont find Bob and JW fragmented in their quest ? haven't you heard iON say "we have no boundaries"; "the only rule is there are no rules"; "you can be do or have anything"; then right when one has a few good questions - oops here we go again around around she goes where she stops no body knows ! Bob is there with a stop limit and a gavel -

did you get a chuckle from the video jokes ?- yes I do keep a good sense of humor with it all - I'am gonna keep pokin and hopin :

Attachments:
pokebox.jpg
pokebox.jpg [ 13.95 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 3:47 pm 

rhyee wrote:

What time is it

Chad

PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 7:31 am 

Legend wrote:
you dont find Bob and JW fragmented in their quest ? haven't you heard iON say "we have no boundaries"; "the only rule is there are no rules"; "you can be do or have anything"; then right when one has a few good questions - oops here we go again around around she goes where she stops no body knows ! Bob is there with a stop limit and a gavel -

There is a difference between iON in public vs iON in private readings. I don't consider my public probings of iON to be a continuation of my private inquiries. Maybe that is the fragmentation you are describing.

In my private readings, I have never been left 'wanting' by Bob and JW. They don't owe me nuthin'.

Chad

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 2:43 am 
Site Admin

chad wrote:
rhyee wrote:

What time is it

Chad

BOB: Appropriate use of the "double-duty interrobang" (new punctuation promoted by McLuhan), Chad.

Bob Neveritt

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 2:47 am 
Site Admin

chad wrote:
There is a difference between iON in public vs iON in private readings.

BOB: iON has said as much at least once a day over the past 6 months.

Bob Neveritt

PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 3:28 am 

the comment was meant to describe the full frontal nudity that iON advocates - but when you get right down do it - he is reserved in his disclosure unless it has something to do with "Public Incredulity"; otherwise your asking for clean up on isle 5 ! ; cant blame him though - I wouldn't want a bunch of looky Louis's around neither - wanting to dissect what they cant accept nor believe !

PostPosted: February 27th, 2011, 12:15 pm 

rhyee wrote:
chad wrote:

Chad

BOB: From http://www.riprense.com/zappa_drinks.htm :

[Matt "The Simpsons" Groening was a favorite attendee of the salons. One evening's arcane chat strayed from favorite bad horror films ("From Hell It Came," featuring the walking tree monster, The Tobanga, was the composer's preference) to a discussion of Zappa's Dada-esque philosophy of creating art: "Anything Anytime Anyplace For No Reason At All," or AAAFNRAA. This led, not illogically, to an exchange about the nature of time. In part, it went like this:

"I think of time as a spherical constant," said Frank, "which means that everything is happening all the time. It provides an easy explanation for premonitions, ghosts, flashbacks, because the whole concept of time that human beings have had is taking something they can't really comprehend and settling for a mediocre explanation of how it works. They take a linear approach to it, slice it in segments, and then hop from segment to segment to segment until they die, and to me that is a pretty inefficient way of preparing a mechanical ground base for physics. That's one of the reasons why I think physics doesn't work. When you have contradictory things in physics, one of the reasons they became contradictory is because the formulas are tied to a concept of time that isn't the proper model. So in my model, time is a spherical constant and everything is happening all the time. And we just don't have access to those segments of the sphere that we might want to access. Except on rare occasions where something goes wrong with the human condition, or some wiring is changed. In some people the wiring may be genetically altered, and you may be able to look not into the future, but just look 'sideways,' and come up with a glimpse of the way things 'will be' down the road in normal person time ---except that you've just seen it now, because it's happening now as well as later." Responded Groening: "That's like reruns!" "Exactly!" said Zappa.]

Bob Neveritt

This is very strange. The notion of time as a sphere had occurred to me a couple
of days before I wrote my "My Reading with iON..." article (http://bit.ly/fMaAV4).

And here, perusing today (Sunday, Feb. 27), I see a passage from Zappa I'd never
seen before, offering the same analogy.

I've not been introduced to Zappa the philosopher, save for a Youtube video I watched
a year or so ago of Zappa on Crossfire from 1986 (http://bit.ly/I6xqC).

The analogy seems very fitting. I'm not sure an analogy of time as a plane / surface,
extending in all directions infinitely would be too inaccurate either; where all we'd have
to do is turn (and move) in a certain direction to move forward, backward or sideways
in time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next